Some business owners start blogs to increase the amount of content on their website while others begin with a blog. To maximize the online impact and ability to make money with your website you need both static content (information that doesn’t change much) and content that is updated regularly (news, specials, tips, etc). The updated content (blog) builds interest, traffic and authority, helping make you the one people trust. The static pages convert that interest and trust into sales.
For most companies, there is no need to have both a website and a blog, you can use the blogging software, WordPress, as both. WordPress uses ‘pages’ for your static content, (like the description of your business) and ‘posts’ for dynamic content and news. Pages can have pages and subpages, allowing you to create easy site navigation for your visitors. Categories and tags make it easy for your visitors to move around your site, finding the things they’re most interested in.
Content for Static Pages
Every website should have the following:
- Information about your offer; your services and products
- Benefits; how do you help your customers?Why should they choose you?
- Examples and testimonials. Do you have happy customers? Tell everyone!
- Frequently asked questions – what do most people ask about your product or service?
- Contact information. Where are you? How do people reach you? Maps are always welcome. Ordering information. Don’t make it hard for people to buy. Can people book appointments? Can they buy your products? Don’t bury this, this should be foremost in your planning.
Satisfaction guarantee. If people don’t know you, why should they do business with you? The dynamic pages of your blog can be used for relationship building with your customers and potential customers.
For your blog pages, think about:
Are you running a special promotion? Has anyone new joined your business? Do you have any tips you can share? The amount of things you can share to build relationships is limitless. You don’t have to be a great writer, just be yourself.
With WordPress, it’s easy to design and build a professional website with very little money. There are thousands of free website designs to choose from, you’re sure to find one that fits you and your business perfectly. You’ll have your website making money for you in no time.