Legal Terms and Conditions of Use – “The Legal Stuff”
1.1 PLUSCAPTCHA (hereinafter PlusCaptcha ) Located in Scranton, PA U.S. provides the following means of contact: email@example.com or from the contact section on the official website of PlusCaptcha listed below: http://corp.pluscaptcha.com/contact/
1.2 Also, domain names working in conjunction with PlusCaptcha: pluscaptcha.com, massadvertising.me, captchakey.biz, and codango.com.
1.3 PlusCaptcha is a service owned and operated by InfoVertica, LLC., a company in good standing in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in the United States.
2. INTELLECTUAL AND INDUSTRIAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
2.1 PlusCaptcha as the author of all content mentioned in 1.1 owns the intellectual and industrial property PlusCaptcha. It is also the owner or has the corresponding license on the rights of intellectual and industrial property and image rights of the content available through the same, except for specific (see 2.2) cases.
2.2 Due to the size of the service provided, PlusCaptcha may not be aware of all use of material under the protection of intellectual and / or industrial: therefore, it is requested (refer point 1.1 ) that any improper / unauthorized use of resources of any kind is reported to us.
2.3 It is also forbidden to modify, copy, reuse, exploit, reproduce, publicly communicate, make second or subsequent publications, load files, send by mail, transmit, use, process or distribute in any way all or part of the content included on the Website if you do not have the express permission in writing by PlusCaptcha or, where applicable, the holder or holders of the corresponding rights . PlusCaptcha allow its customers, users, consumers, visitors, representatives of the artwork exhibited in item 2.5 .
2.4 PlusCaptcha allows the use by its customers, users, consumers, visitors, representatives artwork available ( see 1.1 ) for using the service provided by PlusCaptcha, while complying with item 2.3 .
2.5 PlusCaptcha the service in it’s entirety consists of two essential ingredients:
The “client“, which consists of the user-based code, which comes in the form of:
- A WordPress Plug-in*
- Customized customer-side / website peculiar PHP code used to properly call the PlusCaptcha service.
- Other language custom code that our customers create in the future used to properly call the PlusCaptcha service.
- Other language custom code that we will release in the future used to properly call the PlusCaptcha service.Each of the above code versions are customizable and distributable. Please note that the WordPress plugin* is bound to conditions set forth in the GNU General Public License. With that, understand that you are free to modify any of the above client installs in an effort to properly call and deploy the PlusCaptcha service.
The server-based service – calls are made to our server-based resources by the “client”, and the server responds with the following services:
- Stores client-peculiar settings and choices made by our client user accounts and users.
- Stores the imagery and customized code utilized to create captchas.
- Stores the custom logic utilized to log information and metrics including, but not limited to, captchas rendered, captchas met, captchas failed, and other web/service related issues that are not likely, but may temporarily arise during client setup and implementation because of testing, setup, or trial and error as is customary with software configurations and deployment.
- Accepts captcha attempts, decides by user choice if the captcha is made, and returns a value describing whether that captcha was made, or not – or that there was some type of problem, generally insinuating that there is a setup problem.
- The server-based service is custom, proprietary code that is hosted within an array of Internet-based server resources, which client/customer users, nor their web site visitors, can or need to directly access. Access, ownership, or rights to this portion of the PlusCaptcha service or any of the custom code therein is not expressly granted to client/customer users, and remains the sole purview and oversight of PlusCaptcha (Codango Labs).
3. ACCESS AND USE OF THE WEB SITE AND THE SERVICE
3.1 The access to the public-facing web site (pluscaptcha.com and corp.pluscaptcha.com) and the client software listed in (2.5) and and the PlusCaptcha service is free.
3.2 The access, navigation and use of the Website is the responsibility of the user, client or visitor, which is committed to diligent observation and faithfully executing any additional instructions provided by PlusCaptcha or authorized personnel PlusCaptcha on the use of the Website, it’s service, or its contents. Likewise, we urge you to communicate with PlusCaptcha any evidence of knowledge and assume conduct contrary to law or violate the rights of any third party or through the tools / services on the Website using the following form: http://corp.pluscaptcha.com/contact/ .
3.3 If using and / or contracting our service on the Website , the user/visitor/client should proceed to register. He or she will be responsible for providing true and lawful information. If as a result of registration, the User is given a password, it undertakes to make diligent and keep confidential the password to access these services. Consequently, users are responsible for the custody and confidentiality of any identifier and / or password that are supplied by PlusCaptcha, and agree not to transfer them to third parties, either temporarily or permanently, or to allow access to outsiders. It is the user’s responsibility to use the services and avoid any illegitimate third party usage.
3.4 In light of the foregoing, the user is required immediately to notify PlusCaptcha any improper use of identifiers and / or passwords, such as theft, loss, or unauthorized access to, in order to proceed to immediate cancellation. While such facts are not disclosed, PlusCaptcha shall be relieved of any liability that may arise from the improper use of identifiers or passwords by unauthorized third parties.
4. SECURITY AND PRIVACY
4.1 PlusCaptcha stores registration information, entered data, and information from its service and Web site.
4.2 PlusCaptcha securely stores information all the information that may be sensitive and / or confidential using secure encryption methods chosen by PlusCaptcha.
4.3 PlusCaptcha reserves the right to cancel service at any time for any reason. (We will advise in advance of that… we do not anticipate this happening – but we had to put this in there.)
4.4 PlusCaptcha will provide high quality, safe and pragmatic Internet and information services.
4.5 PlusCaptcha is exempt from any charges or other indemnities for the temporary interruption of service that may be caused by: failure of third party services, legal problems, connection problems, infrastructure problems, malicious actions, expansion of the service, or temporary changes.
4.6 PlusCaptcha is willing to remove any user, client, or visitor who desires to be removed from the PlusCaptcha database . To do this, complete the following form: http://corp.pluscaptcha.com/contact/
4.7 PlusCaptcha may deny the request expressed in item 4.6. if they suspect or are informed of any international legal or regional conflict and / or at the request of a government agency or company, which shall state the reason for this application and the user informed of this without alterations of any nature. Please note that PlusCaptcha, Codango Labs, and it’s parent company InfoVertica, LLC, will cooperate with all legitimate international authorities, should any investigation to this end ensue.
5.1 The headings of the various clauses are for information only and do not affect, qualify or extend the interpretation of the general conditions.
5.2 In the event of any conflict between the provisions of these general conditions and the particular conditions of each specific service, the provisions of the latter shall prevail.
5.3 If any provision or provisions of these conditions be considered null or irrelevant, in whole or in part by any court, tribunal or administrative body, said nullity would not affect the other provisions of the general conditions or the particular conditions of the different PlusCaptcha services.
6.1 The relations established between PlusCaptcha and the User shall be governed by the provisions of existing rules concerning applicable law and jurisdiction. However, for cases in which the regulations foresee the possibility of the parties submitting to a jurisdiction, PlusCaptcha and the user, expressly waiving any other jurisdiction that may apply, shall be submitted to the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, U.S. and relevant and current legal action will be taken.
7. FEES AND COST OF USAGE
7.1 PlusCaptcha captcha service usage, as well as the client use, is free. Any webmaster, web publisher, or web application author can use this tool at no cost.
7.2 In an effort to subsidize the cost of hosting the PlusCaptcha SaaS and it’s related infrastructure, we reserve the right to inject small, sponsored ads in or near the PlusCaptcha image. They are static ads that do not render pop-ups, pop-unders, or any other annoying features.
7.3 The free service does not include text advertising, branded captcha creation and impressions, or other services. Text advertising, branded captcha creation and impressions, or other services are for-fee services that are available a la carte to any customer.
8.1 We do not provide this service for web sites or related applications that cater to these communities:
- Pornographic / Adult
- Illegal, Immoral, or Unethical
- Terrorists or other violent groups
If you are aware of instances where there are users that use our service that meet the above criteria in 8.1, please notify us immediately.