This guide is for all the bloggers who use Windows Live Writer and in a hosted WordPress Blog. While i was trying to post a new article and decided to publish it. I clicked on the drop-down arrow at the right of “Save draft ” button and chose “Post draft and edit online”. After i clicked it. A progress bar appears that indicates that my contents are being uploaded in the my web server. Surprisingly, I got an error message which says. “The server reported an error with the following, then below it, 500 Internal Server Error.” Here is how to fix it.
1. In the Menu, click Blogs, and then click Edit blog settings.
2. After you click Edit blog settings, a new window will appear like the one below.
3. At the left pane of the window, click Pictures. (see image below)
4. Click Configure. after clicking configure, you should see a window similar to this,
5. Enter the following information:
- FTP hostname: Type the name of your FTP server.
- Username and Password: Type the user name and password for your FTP account.
- Publish pictures into this folder: Type the full path to the folder on the FTP server. To find the path, click the Browse button URL of picture publishing folder: Type the web address of the folder where people can view your pictures. The address should start with
- Click OK, and then click OK again.
That concludes a guide for fixing 500 Internal Server Error in Windows Live writer. I hope you’ll find this post useful. And if it does, please spread the word, leave a comment or trackback or use my social bookmarking below. And please also subscribe to my feeds.