Blogs are hot these days. Originally, blogs started as a personal journal online and they have evolved in a mighty opinion makers on the internet. According to the recent stats from killerstartups, blogs are getting more traffic than a traditional website. So it’s like having your very own news company where you can gather news and build opinions. Most of the product based websites are buying paid blog posts to generate traffic.
Setting up a blog has become very easy. You don’t need to hire expensive designers and coders to build your blog. You can get a free blog setup (backend) on WordPress, Xanga, MSN Spaces, Blogger net, etc. Installing a theme is also very easy. There are literally hundreds and thousands of related themes on the internet. Alternatively you can get custom designed theme dirt cheap.
The main problem and the biggest of them all is how to bring traffic to you blog. There are literally hundreds of blogs on a single topic. Moreover, people love to visit a blog they find interesting and informative. Most of the internet users have already subscribed to at least a dozen blogs. So what should you do to bring in quality traffic to your blog?
First, you need to be consistent with blog posts. Ideally, post a new article each day. Make each and every post interesting. People are looking for information with a personal touch. So you should have a unique voice and uber style in blog posts. For example, if you have a blog in make money online niche, you should study the best blogs in the niche and see what makes them stand out of the crowd? Their unique voice and style brings in traffic.
Even after having good blog posts, you fail to generate traffic. To spread out the word and stir the interest among internet users, you should do something unique on your blog. Post something different and then use the Web 2.0 viral marketing tactics to spread out the word. Consider the following ways to generate traffic from your blog:
1. Create a video for each blog post – This is the best strategy. Create videos of each blog post you do using Camtasia Studio software and upload it on Youtube, Videos.google com and all the major top 25 video sharing sites. Then share those videos using bookmarks and stumbleupon
2. Actively comment on the most successful blogs – Constantly comment on each blog post on successful blogs in your niche. Add to the discussion and give something good to the audience. They will oblige you by clicking on your name and visiting your blog
3. Bookmarking frenzy – bookmarks your blog on all major bookmarking sites and do stumble upon. You will get some steady traffic.
4. Partner with the big names in your niche – Ask major bloggers in your niche to give you ideas on generating traffic. It would be difficult but ultimately if you give them something good in return, they will oblige
5. Participate in forums – Check out the popular forums related to your niche. Participate in discussion and don’t forget to create a signature with your blog name in it.
Keep in mind that your goal is to create a blog with posts that are worth reading and telling others about. If you have a great idea for an article then post it on your blog and tell your visitors to post their comments too.